About Us / Whistleblowing Policy
Integrity, honesty and fairness are basic principles embedded in SLNG’s corporate governance framework. This is aligned with our aim to build up a corporate culture of openness and accountability.
Whilst SLNG’s internal controls and procedures are intended to detect, prevent or deter improper activities, we recognise that even the best of systems cannot provide absolute safeguards against irregularities. SLNG provides an avenue for Whistleblowers, both employees and external parties who have concerns regarding any improprieties within SLNG, to come forward and disclose their concerns in good faith without fear of reprisal, discrimination or other adverse consequences. SLNG will protect the confidentiality and anonymity of the Whisteblower.
Improprieties affecting SLNG include, without limitation:
- Fraud, bribery, corruption or theft;
- Unlawful, unethical or improper conduct by SLNG employees;
- Questionable accounting practices or disclosures;
- Intentional error or fraud/misrepresentations in company statements or records;
- Unsafe work practices or conduct which jeopardises the safety of SLNG employees or its assets/facility;
- Misuse of funds or assets of SLNG or undisclosed conflicts of interest;
- Suppression or concealment of any information related to the above; and
- Any actions taken in reprisal against a Whistleblower.
How to report
Reports should be made in writing with at least the following information :
- Details of the party(ies) involved
- Date/s or period/s of time
- Type of concern
- Evidence substantiating the report (where possible)
- Contact details (in case further information is required)
The complaint can be sent via any one of the following channels :
- Email : whistleblow@SLNGCorp.com (Access restricted to the Chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee only)
- Post/Courier/Hand : Chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee, c/o Senior Legal Counsel, Singapore LNG Corporation Pte Ltd, 991G Alexandra Road #03-29C, Singapore 119975 (please mark “Confidential – Whistleblowing. To Be Opened By Addressee Only”).
Handling of Whistleblowing cases
- An acknowledgement will be sent to the Whistleblower upon receipt of the report, in a timely manner.
- The Chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee will review the matter and depending on the nature of the report may, at his discretion, direct the matter for investigation. The investigation team may comprise SLNG employees selected by the Chairman who are independent of the matter and/or external parties (such as the external auditor, legal advisors etc). Any decision by SLNG to refer to investigation findings to the appropriate law enforcement and/or regulatory agencies for independent review will be made in conjunction with the Chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee.
- All matters reported will be reviewed by the Chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee within a reasonable timeframe. Any person directed to provide assistance or cooperation in the investigation shall provide full support and accord priority to the investigation.
- Anonymous complaints will be considered, depending on the following :
- Seriousness of the issues raised;
- Credibility of the concern; and
- Likelihood of confirming the allegation from attributable sources
- SLNG will treat all reports received, the process of investigation and the results of investigation in confidence.
- The Whistleblower (if he or she identifies himself or herself) will be notified upon completion of the investigation.