Join Us / Positions Available / (Senior) Systems Engineer (REF CODE: 1903IT-SE)
(Senior) Systems Engineer
(Ref Code: 1903IT-SE)
Closing date: 18 Aug 2019
The incumbent is responsible to the Information Systems Manager. He/She shall maintain and administer high availability of network and server systems; perform Linux, WINTEL and VMware system administration; responsible for asset and license management; review and develop effective policies and procedures; ensure compliance to audit frameworks, guidelines and SLA; undertake security administrator role; involve in Disaster Recovery (DR) exercise; undertake infrastructure projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for but not be limited to the following duties and responsibilities.
- Maintaining and administration of high availability of Cisco network and Windows servers in the organisation.
- Ensure network and server systems availability and performances comply with Service Level Agreement.
- Perform Linux, WINTEL and VMware system administration such as system upgrade, health-check, security patch, troubleshooting, capacity planning, backup & restoration and system performance monitoring.
- Administer and maintain routers, switches, firewalls, SAN, IDS/IPS, VPN and address security issues.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for helpdesk support.
- Responsible for asset and license management.
- Work closely with the application team to provide infrastructure support.
- Review\Create effective policies\procedures to support data centre operations.
- Assume role of Security Administration with accordance to the Network Security governance.
- Support internal and external auditors to ensure compliance to audit frameworks, guidelines and SLA.
- Involve in Disaster recovery (DR) exercise and follow up with DR procedure updates.
- Undertake infrastructure projects assigned as required by the business.
Work Experience Requirements
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Strong hands-on experience with Cisco routing and switching, Linux, SAN storage, Firewall and VPN.
- Experience with VMware ESX / vSphere / vCentre, internet proxies, Anti-virus and security principles.
- Practical knowledge in network\server systems troubleshooting and Incident reporting.
- Knowledge of applicable IT security, confidentiality and data privacy practices.
- Experience in setting policies, procedures, network software and hardware standards and documentation standards.
- CCNA\CCNP\MCSE or equivalent certification will be advantageous.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively with all levels of people.
- Possess good project management qualities and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong analytical logic and problem troubleshooting skills with great initiatives and self-motivation.
- Good command of written and oral English. two (2) years of working experience in IT helpdesk providing1st level end user support.
- Experience in Wintel system administration.
- Able to work on a rotating 2nd level Out-Of-Office-Hours support on call basis.
- Knowledge of ITIL operation.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Possesses good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good command of written and oral English.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.