Join Us / Positions Available / Senior Procurement Category Specialist (REF CODE: 1910SL-SPCS)
Senior Procurement Category Specialist
(Ref Code: 1910SL-SPCS)
Closing date: 31 Oct 2019
This position is part of the Finance Group providing procurement services to relevant business groups. He/ She shall support the Procurement Manager in ensuring that procurement process is cost effective and efficient, meets the established KPIs; and complies with Standard Operating Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following scope of tasks and duties:
- Working with internal stakeholders and reporting Manager, supports full suite of procurement functions namely
- preparation of quotation/tender,
- market and product sourcing,
- clarifications and evaluations within define criteria,
- preparation of approval documents to seek approval,
- preparation and of purchase orders/contracts, and finally inputting the order in procurement system for execution.
- In delivering above, incumbent is expected to be able to:
- drive value and efficiency with good end-to-end category management (from strategy to implementation) while ensuring operational integrity for sourcing,
- support pre-qualification and support identified of approved vendors to recommend market selection for invitation to quotes,
- to have good understanding of technical requirements and scope of work required to support sound evaluation and recommendation and
- gather and synthesize market intelligence (including: global market research, price/cost analysis and industry trends) and apply Strategic Sourcing processes in high value contacts.
- The incumbent must be good at planning and be independent and self-driven to capture/consolidate procurement projections at least 6 months ahead from internal customers and then discussed and recommend procurement strategies for execution. The incumbent must design and set up regular meetings internally with key functional groups to discuss and understand buy to support sourcing and act as an internal change agent through fact and knowledge-based influencing.
- To work on maintaining effective vendor’s relationship and explore partnership management to secure advantageous cost and terms, always keeping in mind to refresh and update supply options and contingency plan to manage supply chain risks. Having a good community procurement network for sourcing would be an added advantage.
- Must be good in administration control of own work documents with proper record management to support the department and process from procurement to payment.
- Working with reporting Manager, continue to refresh and drive improvements through:
- Developing contracting strategies and leading commercial clarifications, and the subsequent delivery of significant savings to the company
- Identification of Total Cost of Ownership and Value Chain Integration opportunities.
- Reviews purchasing strategies for advice / guidance, and to ensure coordinated category management to leverage SLNG buying power.
- Performs any other tasks or participate in special projects as assigned by reporting Manager.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in procurement management preferably from the LNG, Exploration and Production, Refining, Petrochemicals or Power industries.
- Good knowledge in procurement, commercial, commodity and total system cost functional, including effective project planning and execution skills.
- The candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Sound knowledge of Purchase Order terms and conditions.
- Experience in procurement management software application Maximo will be advantageous.
- Ability to work in a small team and have good interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be proactive and able to liaise with other SLNG business groups.
- Must be able to work towards business group objectives with minimal supervision in the day to day work environment and be adaptable to changing priorities and assignments.
- Degree in Procurement Management/ Engineering or Quantity Surveying or equivalent from reputable university.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.