Join Us / Positions Available / (Senior) Procurement Category Specialist (REF CODE: 1905SL-SPCS)
(Senior) Procurement Category Specialist
(Ref Code: 1905SL-SPCS)
Closing date: 09 Jul 2019
This position is part of the Strategy and Legal Group providing procurement services to relevant business groups. He/ She shall support the Procurement Manager in ensuring that procurement process is cost effective and efficient, meets the established KPIs; and complies with Standard Operating Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following scope of tasks and duties:
- Support procurement of the Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) Goods & Services on behalf of the Operations Team; and the procurement of Corporate Office related Goods & Services.
- Drive value and efficiency via end-to-end category management (from strategy to implementation) while ensuring operational integrity
- Gathering and synthesizing Market intelligence (including: global market research, price/cost analysis and industry trends), and applying Strategic Sourcing processes in high value contacts
- Stakeholder communications and presentations, act as an internal change agent through fact and knowledge-based influencing
- Developing contracting strategies and leading commercial clarifications, and the subsequent delivery of significant savings to the company
- Identification of Total Cost of Ownership and Value Chain Integration opportunities
- Review purchasing strategies with Contracts, Procurement & Warehouse Manager for advice / guidance, and to ensure coordinated category management to leverage SLNG buying power
- Pre-qualify suitably experienced Vendors of MRO Goods & Services for inclusion in the MRO vendors’ catalogue, similarly Corporate Office Goods & Services and Corporate Office vendor’s catalogue.
- Supports evaluation of all quotations received to ensure that they comply with technical requirements and deliver the scope of work required, including the preparation of the Evaluation Reports.
- Perform any other tasks or participate in special projects as assigned by reporting manager.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in procurement management preferably from the LNG, Exploration and Production, Refining, Petrochemicals or Power industries.
- Good knowledge in procurement, commercial, commodity and total system cost functional, including effective project planning and execution skills.
- The candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Sound knowledge of Purchase Order terms and conditions.
- Experience in procurement management software application Maximo will be advantageous.
- Ability to work in a small team and have good interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be proactive and able to liaise with other SLNG business groups.
- Must be able to work towards business group objectives with minimal supervision in the day to day work environment and be adaptable to changing priorities and assignments.
- Degree in Procurement Management/ Engineering or Quantity Surveying or equivalent from reputable university.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.