Join Us / Positions Available / Senior Instrument & Control (I&C) Engineer (REF CODE: 1901OP-SICE)
Senior Instrument & Control (I&C) Engineer
(Ref Code: 1901OP-SICE)
Closing date: 11 Feb 2019
This position is part of the site Technical Services team that provides technical support to the Production, Maintenance and Project teams in the LNG Terminal. This position is responsible for establishing, reviewing and overseeing the relevant instrument & control design of newly build or modified equipment including implementation of minor instrument and control engineering projects, while ensuring the overall technical integrity of the terminal from the Instrument & Control (I&C) discipline perspective.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following scope of tasks and duties:
- Provide technical support and solutions for the Production and Maintenance teams.
- Provide weekly/monthly report on the progress and plan of the I&C tasks in meeting the site objective.
- Maintain statistical information on all site shut down and loss of production events caused by I&C systems.
- Liaise closely with Production and Maintenance teams in an advisory capacity as to how to reduce I&C maintenance costs and increase availability and functionality.
- Responsible for all the electrical, instrument and metering interface issues with the pipeline and fiscal authorities for gas metering.
- Support and liaise with external stakeholder including government agencies on possible gas pipeline network and electrical power grid, instrument and metering interfaces to ensure conformity.
- Prepare I&C procedures for all plant electrical, instruments, DCIS, F&G, ESD, metering, sampling and analysis equipment.
- Ensure verification, inspection, testing and reporting to management in respect of all I&C equipment/instrument used for maintenance and their certification for use in hazardous areas of the terminal.
- Participate and provide support in execution of maintenance or major equipment turnarounds in the terminal.
- The incumbent shall also participate in emergency response and may be assigned to a specific role and responsibility for such purpose.
- Responsible to ensure compliance to applicable regulations, safe to operate, fit for purpose, maintainable and reliable for the site’s modified or newly build electrical systems (such as power management, load shedding, power generation, switchgear etc), instrument, analyzer, process control and shutdown/safety systems including DCIS, F&G and ESD.
- Perform feasibility studies on the instrument and process control systems, including electrical and ensure high standards of design quality and safety in any new installation in the terminal.
- Resolve technical issues during engineering design and construction phases to ensure overall integrity.
- Support expansion project from meeting overall facility integrity point of view, ensure smooth integration and any opportunity to leverage with existing Plant is captured
- Support commissioning, PSSR (Pre Start-up Safety Review) and start-up of site facility
- Responsible for the process control tuning when necessary.
- Ensure that verification of UPS and Emergency power supply is periodically checked and is verified as available.
- Provide monthly electrical energy consumption report, and liaise closely with Production and Maintenance in an advisory capacity as to how to reduce electrical costs.
- Plan with the Marine Operations Manager all instrumentation and communication issues between vessels and the terminal eg. Ship-shore link communication
- Prepare the instrument / control / electrical lock out, isolation and disconnection procedures for all plant electrical equipment.
Work Experience Requirements
Minimum of six to eight years practical experience in an instrument & control maintenance / design function in an oil and petrochemical refinery or complex utility or power generation environment.
Conversant with local codes, regulations and submission procedures, and must possess expert knowledge of electrical & instrument engineering design software packages.
Good knowledge of DCS, Management of Change (MOC), communication equipment, CCTV, security, F&G, ESD and PLC systems and hazardous area classification.
Relevant technical experience in high voltage electrical systems and power reticulation.
Good knowledge of installation, commissioning, maintenance and trouble shooting of a variety of large and complex electrical, instrument and control equipment in the oil, gas or petrochemical industry is required.
Knowledge of the LNG / natural gas or other hydrocarbon industries would be advantageous. Candidates with experience in cryogenic plant maintenance, commissioning and start-up are preferred.
Extensive experience in dealing with consultants and contractors involved in the Oil & Gas sector, including external agencies, utilities and government organizations.
In addition, the successful candidate should possess the following personal attributes:
Highly analytical and meticulous.
Strong team player and able to excel in cross functional roles.
Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent negotiating and influencing skills to manage external and internal stakeholders and third parties.
- Candidate shall have a good Bachelor Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from a reputable university.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.