Join Us / Positions Available / Manager (Projects and Development) (REF CODE: 1901PD-MPD)
Manager (Projects and Development)
(Ref Code: 1901PD-MPD)
Closing date: 18 May 2019
This position requires a candidate shall evaluate and justify viability of new businesses and asset enhancements for growth; lead, nurture and develop capital growth projects from concept through to FID; secure and manage contracts with services providers; determine contract strategy for consultancy / FEED / EPC and support the execution of EPC projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following scope of tasks and duties:
- Lead front end project developments, establish design basis, scope of work, terms of reference (ToR), technical specifications, basis of design (BOD), request for proposals / invitations to tender (RFPs/ITTs), schedules and major capital/ operating cost estimates; manage the allocated resources (internal and external) including contractors/consultants to deliver the project.
- Prepare scope of work and other related tender documents for project tendering activities. Support Contracts team in tendering process and participate in tender evaluation of technical bids.
- Support project management of both development and EPC projects
- Support engineering management of both development and EPC projects
- Provide technical support and expertise in all P&D related projects in general
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal & external stakeholders such as customers, suppliers and local authorities; craft and propose suitable customer value propositions to support business/project developments. For example, cultivate and maintain relations with counter-parties interested in LPG Terminal use and the appropriate regulatory authorities, etc.
- Contribute to long-term strategic planning for the growth of the company, specifically conduct techno-economical evaluation of potential acquisitions, new assets investments and capital projects.
- Support the EPC tender process, negotiate with consultants and contractors to resolve issues prior to award of contract of EPC; prepare cost-effective, effective contracts and recommend execution strategies
- Assess technical expertise and capability of external consultants and contractors on a continuous basis for purposes of securing best service provider for a particular project.
- Keep abreast of LNG and related technology.
- Provide coaching and engineering knowledge to other members of the Project and Development team.
- Work across the company and act as liaison between Projects and Development and other Groups for existing & proposed development projects to ensure internal alignment.
- The incumbent shall take on additional responsibilities as directed by reporting manager.
Work Experience Requirements
- At least 15-20 years’ experience in oil & gas industry with operator, engineering company or consultancy with experience in a management role
- Competency in front end project development, detail engineering or project management, LNG (preferred not essential) and related technology applications.
- The successful candidate shall also possess the following attributes:
- Analytical with "out-of-box" thinking; broad based but engineering focused
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative.
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Cross-functional team leadership skills
- Team player with the ability to work as part of larger teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Game changer mentality; willingness to challenge accepted practice and analyse reward and risk stemming from changing the status quo.
- Remains composed under high pressure situations
- Able to address and diplomatically resolve interpersonal conflict if necessary
- Able to work towards departmental objectives with minimal supervision
- Adaptable to changing priorities and assignments
- The candidate must have a good Bachelor Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.