Join Us / Positions Available / Contracts, Procurement & Warehouse Manager (REF CODE: 1903SL-CPWMGR)
Contracts, Procurement & Warehouse Manager
(Ref Code: 1903SL-CPWMGR)
Closing date: 15 Aug 2019
Reporting to VP (Strategy & Legal), you will be the key interface for the various stakeholders in the company. Managing a diversified portfolio, you have to constantly anticipate and respond to the internal stakeholders' demand to ensure customer satisfaction. To achieve this objective, you will have to work closely with the different functions in the company.
Key contract and procurement tasks include providing guidance and/or lead the execution of the Procurement Strategic Sourcing Process via end-to-end Category Management Strategy and Tactics for critical and high value contracts and purchases through close collaborations with Internal Stakeholders and External Partners (Vendors & Contractors). Key warehousing tasks include devising ways to optimize inventory control procedures, ensuring adequate inventory stock for planned maintenance requirements and the right quantity of critical spares for corrective maintenance through synthesizing information from inventory data analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following scope of tasks and duties:
- Develop and implement Procurement strategies and policies that are in alignment with Corporate Governance & Compliance.
- Process improvement and risk management - identifying gaps and opportunities.
- Continuously improving the Procurement processes and framework to achieve operational excellence and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement KPIs for Procurement & Warehousing Excellence.
- Strategic Roadmap for short, medium and long-term plans for the Business.
- Identify business value, synergy and commercial optimization opportunities and establish them into strategic contracts.
- Ensure strategy penetration into agreements through support of development and execution of competitive tenders and negotiations; provide guidance to procurement category team to develop business and commercial requirements, statements of work with stakeholders, procurement objectives, sourcing criteria, potential suppliers/bidder lists, proposal evaluation criteria and models, payment basis, etc.
- Conduct market research and supplier availability/capability studies, and leverage knowledge of regional markets, industry trends and dynamics to identify opportunities and address gaps.
- Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities to facilitate individual and team development.
- Provide reliability of inventory information through stock counts, influence process improvement while ensuring seamless material flow for incoming and outgoing inventories.
- Implement appropriate controls and governance mechanisms to ensure accuracy and integrity of inventory, and conduct periodic inventory data analytics to identify opportunities to improve inventory flow and optimize resource.
- Identifies opportunities to involve procurement personnel in new and challenging work assignments that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Having an appreciation for Procurement & Warehouse end-to-end processes to ensure successful implementation and stability.
Work Experience Requirements
- You should be able to work independently and also have strong leadership experience with good communication skills.
- At least 10 years of Procurement experience of which at least 3 years are involved in managing and leading teams that are responsible for purchasing activities from the Oil & Gas or Chemical industries.
- Demonstrated sound leadership experience with proven track record & demonstrated ability to drive his/her team to execute highly aggressive plans within constraints of schedule, resources, and successfully driving objectives to a result.
- Result oriented and proven ability to make sound business decisions in a timely manner.
- Meticulous and attentive to details and demonstrated ability to learn and synthesize information.
- Must possess good organizational and motivational skills.
- Other personal attributes include:
- Excellent leadership skills and employee development capability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong team player with high energy level and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor Degree preferably in an Engineering discipline from Chemical, Mechanical or Instrument/Electrical Engineering.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.