Join Us / Positions Available / HSSE Coordinator (REF CODE: 1807OPS-HC)
(Ref Code: 1807OPS-HC)
Closing date: 16 Sep 2018
The incumbent shall be one of the key safety resource support to SLNG’s Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Emergency Responses (HSSE) practices and processes; conduct safety inspections of process and safety equipment; participate in audits and review.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following scope of tasks and duties:
- Participate in and lead as required in risk assessments, review of method statement, participate in daily permit screening, toolbox meetings and other safety processes.
- Conduct basic Safety Training and briefing to Staff, visitors and contractors/subcontractors requiring access into the LNG Terminal or doing work in the LNG Terminal.
- Procure Safety Equipment including PPE for the Terminal including sourcing, liaison and follow-up to ensure items are delivered and installed on time and where applicable, to manage the relevant inventory.
- Assist in the in the application and issuance of Jurong Island passes for SLNG staff and its visitors.
- Assist the HSSE Manager and team members in the following areas :
- Supervise security's day-to-day operations to ensure compliance to SOP
- Development and implementation of SLNG HSSE policy and procedures.
- Monitor work areas to ensure compliance with company's HSSE standards and practices by performing routine inspections to provide support and awareness to other operations.
- Be a key interface for HSSE for the Permit–To–Work.
- Implementing emergency response plan.
- Promote safety awareness among employees and contractors by leading and supporting safety campaigns, sharing and updating notice boards, banners.
- Maintain an up to date electronic file of the company HSSE statistics and produce on time HSSE reports as required by SLNG management.
- Participate in HSSE audits / reviews including inspections.
- Take part in incident investigations teams when required.
- Keep abreast of current Singapore HSSE legislation and regulations.
- The incumbent shall support all other processes and procedures and perform any other duties and participate in any other projects as assigned by reporting manager or his delegated authority.
Work Experience Requirements
- Candidate shall have at least 3 to 5 years of practical experience in HSSE in the oil and petrochemical environment or complex utility setup.
- Candidate shall have to demonstrate reasonable knowledge of health, safety and environment management systems.
- Candidate shall be proficient with MS Office applications and be meticulous in processes and procedures.
- Successful candidate shall also possess the following personal attributes:
- Excellent follow up, liaison and organising skills. Has a high level of individual initiative and personal efficiency.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and under tight deadlines.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills with ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Possess high customer orientation and is tactful and diplomatic.
- Has discretion to handle confidential information.
- Minimum GCE ‘O’ Level. Diploma preferred.
- The candidate must have Advance Certificate in WSH and successfully completed the Supervise Workplace Safety and Health in Process Plant course.
- Previous experience in plant/terminal operations preferred.
- Accreditation in the following Health and Safety field will be an added advantage:
- Work at Height Assessor
- Confined Space Assessor
- Lifting Supervisor
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.