Join Us / Positions Available / Business Development Manager (REF CODE: 1904COM-BDM)
Business Development Manager
(Ref Code: 1904COM-BDM)
Closing date: 18 Aug 2019
To drive and execute the business development strategies and ensure effective implementation of business development activities based on budget and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following scope of tasks and duties:
- Drive and execute business development activities (including LNG Bunkering, Storage and Regionalisation opportunities) according to the business strategy, business plan and budget.
- Lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams, monitor progression (actions and budget) and realise BD projects in line with agreed quality, timeline, and budget.
- Identify (emerging) opportunities early, initiate and develop BD proposals, investment plans and budgets.
- Assess opportunities and risk exposure in the dynamic market / financial situation, the operational, political & legal environment for all project developments in Asia and provide support to/guidance for BD/Project managers.
- Develop with assistance from legal counsels (internal/external) to prepare (JV) partner contracts including MOU’s and HOA’s; drive negotiation and after management approval execution of the contract, in close cooperation with general, financial and commercial management, in order to have a clear understanding on the arrangements with the partner (s) in the BD process.
- Drive, enter into and manage contracts (performance, costs, service level) with external professionals and or service providers, in order to ensure the external professional expertise or support to achieve BD objectives.
- Conduct supply chain analysis & liaise closely with the analyst on product flows to support business models developed by the BD Managers and test the robustness of business cases.
- Develop a matrix to monitor and ensure that all projects are developed and executed according to the guidelines, project KPIs & budget allocated.
- Gather, monitor, analyse, administer and share relevant market development and customer development information in the specific area, in cooperation with the commercial professionals and by networking and relations management, in order to identify opportunities for future business.
- Develop a robust communication plan (internal & external) and operating rhythm in various projects so as to build, coordinate, maintain and strengthen relationships with network, authorities, (potential) customers and JV partners and service providers, in order to ensure their support in the interest of a successful project realisation.
- Incorporate all necessary policies, procedures and systems in the BD project proposal and execution and make use of best practices for compliance and project success purposes.
- Work closely with the finance team to support the BD/Project Managers with screening economics for potential projects.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in a senior managerial capacity.
- Background in tank storage, LNG & gas or shipping industry is strongly preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, a self-starter with an established network.
- Strategic mindset, an ability to spot good business development opportunities and structure into a business proposal both from macro and micro perspectives.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching, collaboration and multi-task project management skills.
- Financial and Market analytical skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation, closing and follow-up skills and market research experience.
- The incumbent should possess a Degree from a reputable university.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.