Join Us / Positions Available / Senior Technician (Production) (REF CODE: 1911OPS-STP)
Senior Technician (Production)
(Ref Code: 1911OPS-STP)
Closing date: 28 Feb 2021
The position is part of the Production team performing LNG Terminal operations of loading and unloading of LNG from vessels and re-gasification process of LNG for the natural gas pipeline network supply. The position requires the candidate to perform fieldwork and operate the DCS. The candidate will also be required to screen in details all un/planned works and perform permit issuer role. The candidate will work closely with the marine, technical and maintenance team to perform the operations.
Roles and ResponsibilIties
The primary duties are listed as follows:
- Perform routine field inspections on equipment operating conditions to ensure safe operating limits.
- Perform unloading of chemicals/utilities into receiving tanks.
- Perform jetty operations such as berthing in of vessels, operating marine loading arms and undertake Loading Master role.
- Operate DCS to monitor and control the overall terminal process within the design parameters and to meet customers’ nomination requests.
- Maintain comprehensive unit logs with proper data of all activities occurring in the shift and to ensure proper changeover of shift including any follow-up activities requirement.
- Support other production activities in relation to other businesses and services such as vessel cool down, cold energy transfer, LNG Truck Loading etc.
- Perform troubleshooting on equipment and processes when necessary.
- Take corrective action to ensure unit and equipment are operated under safe and optimum conditions. Generate work orders for maintenance work on equipment when necessary.
- Secure and prepare equipment and work sites for maintenance work according to Safe Operating Procedures requirements such as equipment lock-out and tag-out, low tension electrical de-energisation etc.
- Perform basic maintenance such as strainer cleaning, flange make up, gas cylinder replacement etc.
- Replenish process chemicals / additives and trigger re-stock when necessary.
- Review and issue permit to work after all safety checklist is completed and ready for maintenance activities.
- Conduct periodic fugitive emission leak detection (hydrocarbon) and execute immediate measures to minimize or eliminate leaks.
- Supervise contractors who are executing the approved works according to the established permit to work system.
- Undertake project related role when assigned; rotation between shift and day work.
- Assume role of Production Supervisor in their absence.
- The incumbent shall also support the safety and emergency response procedures of the terminal as follows:
- Respond to terminal emergency situations as a first aid specialist or fire fighter or any other assigned roles.
- Participate in prevention and combat of hazardous situations such as loss of primary containment, oil spills and other forms of pollution and situations dangerous to life and property.
- Perform periodic safety check on work sites to ensure safety compliance enforcement such as but not limited to taking periodic gas test for confined space work.
- Perform routine safety check on all safety equipment such as safety showers, eye wash, SCBA (Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus), firefighting equipment etc. to ensure readiness and availability.
- Candidate must have at least 8 - 10 years’ experience in oil, petrochemical and refinery plant, utilities and cryogenic processes.
- Previous operations experience of LNG facilities is preferred but transferable skills from other hydrocarbon process or cryogenic product (e.g. LPG) loading and unloading will also be considered.
- Good knowledge of plant instrumentation and control systems and experience in operating DCS.
- Practical working knowledge of mechanical equipment, heat transfer equipment, cryogenic equipment, reciprocating compressors, LNG tanks, utilities and flare systems.
- Experience in permit to work issuing and process plant safety (e.g. confined space, lock-out and tag-out, working at height, gas testing etc.)
- Experience in plant commissioning and start-up is preferred.
- Experience in performing stand-in supervisor duties
- In addition, the successful candidate should possess the following personal attributes:
- Able to multitask and resilient when working under pressure
- A team player who can work well in a team
- High self-motivation with the ability to work with minimal supervision and adapt to changing priorities and assignments.
- NITEC certificate in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
- Candidates with Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering will have an advantage.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.