Join Us / Positions Available / Interface and I&C Lead Engineer (REF CODE: 2003TPD-)
Interface and I&C Lead Engineer
(Ref Code: 2003TPD-)
Closing date: 31 Oct 2020
The Interface and I&C Lead Engineer as a member of the Technical and Projects Group provides primarily instrumentation and control support, advice and guidance to SLNG on the efficient and safe design of LNG Receiving Terminal, brown field modifications, Interface Execution and associated facilities. He may be required to be based at EPC contractor’s office during detailed engineering phase of the project. He is required to attend various factory acceptance tests at Supplier’s works. In addition, he is required to perform review of the design deliverables during Feasibility, FEED or EPC stages of project. He is also required to carry out all interdisciplinary co-ordination and participate in various reviews. The office location for the post holder is at the head office during early phase of the project and then at a later stage of the project at Jurong Island site construction office to provide engineering support during construction, commissioning phases and Implementing the Interfaces of the project.
The incumbent shall be responsible for, but not limited to the following scope of tasks and duties:
- Direction and control of Instrumentation and Control personnel assigned to the Project.
- Assurance of technical standard of engineering, design and drafting and vendor supplied equipment for new projects.
- Identification of Feasibility/FEED/EPC contractor’s full scope of Interfaces and I&C works and ensure compliance.
- Monitoring of Contractor’s work execution, in accordance with the Project Procedures, Safety and Quality Control requirements, and the project schedule targets.
- Assignment of personnel to specific tasks within I & C Team, where applicable.
- Provide expert technical advice and support to SLNG’s Operations department as and when required.
- Manage the Brown Field Modifications Interfaces through defined Interface Execution Plan
- Also carry out the Project Engineering Activities for the assigned project.
- Carry out Bid Evaluation of Consultant/Contractor
- Develop technical requirements, standards, specifications, scope of works, installation, testing and quality requirements for I&C discipline for new projects within SLNG
- Develop Interface Execution Plan for execution of various interfaces and ensure execution of Interfaces as per Plan.
- Prior to commencement of engineering of a project, review and comment on the I & C Plan for project execution prepared by EPC contractor including:
a) Review of planning information to establish correctness of sequence of operations, key dates and time intervals.
b) Review of detailed plan to achieve compliance to the project schedule.
c) Review of Project and Vendor’s Quality Plans.
- Review of project procedures and other requirements with the Engineering Manager.
- Review Contractor’s designs, specifications, drawings, requisitions, and other data necessary to establish correctness of design, and ensure adherence to SLNG Project specification, International codes and standards, and industrial good engineering practices.
- Advise Contractor’s I & C Lead Engineer on the engineering acceptability of Suppliers and equipment.
- Review regularly progress of the project with Contractor’s I & C Lead Engineer.
- Review and check, as necessary, works executed by Contractor’s I & C personnel to ensure that it meets the requirements of:
a) The applicable Project Engineering Philosophies, Standards, Scope of Work, Corporate Procedures and Discipline Practices.
b) SLNG Project Procedures for HSE and Quality Control.
c) SLNG’s acceptability criteria concerning Suppliers being considered for the supply of equipment.
- Review Project workload regularly and to ensure Contractor assigned manpower is sufficient.
- Review and comment Suppliers documentation.
- Liaise with other Discipline Engineers on the project, with the Project Engineering Manager and Contractor's Engineers on discipline and project matters.
- Resolve problems arising from differences with other Disciplines, major technical problems and policy matters. Seek advice from Engineering Manager when necessary.
- Deficiencies in procedures and standards should be brought to the attention of the Engineering Manager.
- Attending the Factory Acceptance Testing of DCIS/SIS/FGS, Packages PLCs and other critical instruments.
- Manage Interfaces Execution which includes conceptualizing, design, MOC approvals and implementation into target systems.
- Work experience of 15 to 20 years in the field of I&C in the petrochemicals, oil, gas and LNG industries
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a lead engineer on large projects, preferably LNG import terminal or liquefaction plant projects
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a lead engineer in execution of Interfaces for brown filed modification
- Good understanding of process control functionality and Cause and Effect matrix to ensure efficient and safe running and shut down of the plant and equipment
- Good knowledge of detail workings of conventional and modern digital instruments and control and communication networks and systems
- Knowledge of requirements for SIL rating compliance of hardware and software in accordance with IEC 61511
- Knowledge and experience of DCIS, SIS and F&G systems and participation in acceptance testing of these systems
- Good communicator in spoken and written.
- Good computer skills and report preparation
- Professional bearing and ability to be assertive
Proactive, positive learning attitude and ready to walk extra mile
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science, Degree in Instrument & Control Engineering.
- Professional qualification such as Chartered Engineer or PE preferred
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.