Join Us / Positions Available / Senior Process Engineer (REF CODE: 2004TPD-SPE)
Senior Process Engineer
(Ref Code: 2004TPD-SPE)
Closing date: 30 Jun 2020
This position is part of the Owner’s Technical and Project Development Group that plays a critical role in the life cycle of the projects in SLNG from their conceptualization to commissioning and handover to Operations. This position holder shall carry out process engineering work under general supervision during conceptualization, feasibility studies and reviewing process design provided by FEED and EPC Contractors. The post holder shall also provide inputs for ensuring that the LNG Terminal can be and is operated as per design and to ensure that the control scheme is adequate for all operating scenario. This position requires a candidate who has worked in feasibility studies, FEED and EPC projects for process engineering discipline.
Roles and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following scope of tasks and duties:
- Assists in developing design concepts and perform feasibility studies as part of project conceptualization.
- Provide input into the scoping of Greenfield as well as Brownfield FEED and EPC projects.
- Review the development of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Block Flow Diagrams (BFDs), logic diagrams, schematics etc. and other process design work of FEED and ECP contractors to ensure it meets the design basis, the other project requirements, industry codes and standards and best practice in the industry
- Assists in ensuring design is safe, operable, maintainable and reliable.
- Provide assistance to the commissioning during the EPC phase of project.
- Provide assistance to the operation team to implement minor project within the plant.
- Have good knowledge in LNG re-gasification and storage tank design
- Assists to resolve technical issues during design, engineering and construction and commissioning phases to ensure overall integrity.
- Participate in technical reviews such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, QRA, EIA, Model Reviews and RAM Analysis.
- Keep abreast of cryogenic technology in terms of LNG import terminals and developments in cold energy utilization.
- The incumbent shall take on additional responsibilities as directed by the reporting manager.
- At least 6-8 years’ of experience in FEED and EPC Project environment in oil and Gas Industry, preferably in LNG, LPG and/or cryogenics projects as a Process Engineer.
- Good experience in Process design and Process control
- Exposure to installation, commissioning, operation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of the LNG / Natural Gas will be advantageous. Candidates with experience in cryogenics facilities will be preferred
- Understanding of process safety in plant design is a requirement
- The successful candidate shall also possess the following attributes:
- Out-of-box thinker who enjoys the challenge of converting concepts to reality
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to work as part of larger teams and leading cross-function team initiatives
- Must have the ability to remain composed under high pressure situations
- Must have the ability to address and diplomatically resolve interpersonal conflict if necessary
- Must be able to work towards departmental objectives under general supervision in the day to day work environment and be adaptable to changing priorities and assignments
- Good oral and written communications skills in English
- Self-starter, independent and with good initiative. Good interpersonal and facilitation skills
The incumbent should have a Degree in Chemical Engineering from a reputable university.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.