The incumbent shall be responsible for tasks and duties such as but not limited to the following:
A. Leading business optimisation activities including deal framing and deal delivery, which activities will include:
- Maintaining market intelligence and assessing new market opportunities,
- Marketing and driving growth of terminal services such as cool down, storage & reload and transhipment activities.
- Key account management of existing contracts to maintain customer relationships, and
- Scheduling of customers’ LNG ships, invoicing and handling of commercial areas related to marine operations (e.g. demurrage claims)
B. Project manage and lead commercial support of key terminal infrastructure projects from inception through various project development stages until award of EPC contract (FID). Such activities will include:
- Developing commercial models to enable a range of terminal services taking into account market requirements, terminal capabilities / operations and deal / project economics and pricing,
- Planning and leading commercial negotiations,
- Structuring and finalizing terminal use agreements and other commercial agreements to secure the business opportunity, and
- Leading engagements and negotiations with external stakeholders including regulator, deal counter-parties and other market participants.
C. Managing other activities that have commercial / value implications for the company from time to time.
- 11-15 years of relevant professional experience in global LNG/Gas environment with preference for at least 5 years of commercial management experience
- Strong experience and ability in developing and managing commercial agreements for services related to the oil and gas infrastructure, and purchase and sale of LNG or gas.
- Able to plan and execute negotiations for commercial transactions pertaining to LNG, natural gas infrastructure and/or similar services.
- Skilled in project economics and financial modelling to determine investment returns
- Incumbents with a good understanding of LNG trading and shipping markets will have an advantage.
The potential candidate should also have the following attributes:
- A strategic thinker with an eye for details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate and convey issues clearly.
- A calm mind with an ability to multi task and work under pressure to make sound decisions.
- A team player with an ability to integrate cross-functional dimensions (terminal operations, finance, economics and legal) into commercial deal structuring and delivery.
- Strong ability to lead a team of professionals and deliver results through team efforts.
- Mature and confident in independently engaging internal and external stakeholders and gaining support from the stakeholders for the various initiatives undertaken.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering and/or Business degree from a reputed university