Join Us / Positions Available / Lean Continuous Improvement Lead (REF CODE: 2006IT-LCIL)
Lean Continuous Improvement Lead
(Ref Code: 2006IT-LCIL)
Closing date: 31 Jul 2020
The LEAN Continuous Improvement Lead serves as the subject matter expert for LEAN strategy deployment across SLNG and will be responsible for driving LEAN Maturity and waste elimination through leadership engagement, training, targeted deployments, and projects. He / She will be the single point of contact with the SLNG LEAN Steering Committee and deploy LEAN initiatives in SLNG.
The incumbent supports Business Continuity Management (BCM) Manager on Business Continuity Plan activities; and serves as the liaison between BCM Manager and Business Unit’s recovery team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lean Management
- Develop and execute SLNG LEAN strategy.
- Plan and conduct LEAN capability assessment for identified departments, work with these departments to develop action plans (in the form of LEAN methodology deployment, training, Kaizen events etc) and ensure that actions are implemented in accordance to agreed timelines to bring LEAN maturity to the next level.
- Assist in developing LEAN deployment programs by working with business / department Leaders to identify and prioritize roll out of LEAN initiatives/projects
- Cultivate a LEAN culture across business groups in SLNG.
- Work with Business / department LEAN coordinators to assess LEAN training needs and develop the training framework for SLNG.
- Coordinate and conduct LEAN training (including “Train the Trainer”), LEAN Belt assessment and certification for departments in order to build LEAN capability within each department, with the intention for LEAN coordinators to be able to drive LEAN projects independently
- Provide guidance and coach departmental LEAN coordinators to drive LEAN deployment
- Track the progress of LEAN process improvement projects in SLNG for monthly reporting to SLNG Senior Management Team
- Lead LEAN team reviews with the Steering Committee and Business / Department LEAN Representatives
- Set SLNG LEAN metric targets for approval by Steering Committee and ensure that they are met (# of GB and BB belt certifications, # of LEAN capabilities assessments completed, total cost savings / avoidance generated from LEAN process improvement projects).
2. Coordinate the following organisation BCM activities
- Risk analysis and review
- BCM Policy and Guidelines review
- Business impact analysis review
- Business continuity plans review
- Tests and exercises
- Training and awareness programs
- Management review
- Internal audits
- The incumbent must have at least 5 years of relevant experience; a Black Belt certification will be advantageous.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the end to end business view.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically and to implement approved strategies to drive value for SLNG businesses.
- Is results & performance driven.
- Has a customer centric mindset and possess strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence stakeholders.
- The incumbent must have a Bachelor Degree from a recognised university.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.