Join Us / Positions Available / Legal Counsel (REF CODE: 2011CO-LC)
(Ref Code: 2011CO-LC)
Closing date: 17 Dec 2020
The Legal Counsel reports to the General Counsel and will be a key member of a crucial function in SLNG. The Legal Counsel will support the General Counsel in providing legal advice and review of commercial contracts, procurement contracts, EPC contracts, MOUs and joint venture documentation, advising on other corporate matters, managing litigation, building and managing relationships and interfaces with regulators and other governmental authorities in Singapore.
1. The incumbent shall support the General Counsel in providing legal support, including:
Advising, developing, reviewing and negotiating key commercial contracts for various terminal services.
Supporting the review, evaluation and negotiations of SLNG’s procurement contracts including tender documents, purchase orders, purchase contracts etc.
Review of confidentiality agreements/MOUs/agreements on collaboration projects.
Provision of general legal advice and support on finance, corporate, employment and other matters.
Managing and advising on all legal and regulatory matters of the Company including assisting in building relationships and interfaces with regulators.
Being a trusted adviser to other colleagues in SLNG.
Assisting in the provision of company secretarial and other legal management activities.
1. Post-qualification experience of 5 to 10 years with preference for candidates who have been admitted to the Singapore Bar.
2. Previous exposure and experience in the following will be an added and distinct advantage:-
- LNG/Gas/Energy industries. Although preferred, prior in-house experience in the energy industry is not a requirement.
- General corporate/commerical work or prior experience with procurement matters.
- Experience in a law firm handling the above/providing legal advice to the industries above.
3. The successful candidate with the following qualities will be looked upon favourably:
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with business, functional colleagues and external stakeholders.
- A good commercial sense and ability to present sound legal advice in a commercially focused manner.
- A bias for action with ability to remain effective, focused and professional under all situations including tight time project deadlines.
- An effective and skilled negotiator with the ability to provide commercially and legally sound solutions.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) from a reputable university.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.