Join Us / Positions Available / Senior Contracts Specialist (6 months Contract) (REF CODE: 2007TPD-SCS(C))
Senior Contracts Specialist (6 months Contract)
(Ref Code: 2007TPD-SCS(C))
Closing date: 31 Aug 2020
This position is part of the Technical and Project Development Group providing contract administrative services to Technical and Project Development group. He/ She shall support the Contracts Manager in ensuring that contract management process (pre and post contract award) is cost effective and efficient and meets project schedule and the established KPIs; and complies with Standard Operating Procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities
The incumbent shall work with internal stakeholders and the reporting manager undertaking the following activities for Pre and Post contract administration relating to the engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPC contracts) and consultancy / advisory services contracts:
1. Strategic sourcing and prequalification of potential tenderers
2. Preparation and issuance of Request for Tender / Quotation (RFT/RFQ).
3. Managing tender process including tender clarification and evaluation, drafting evaluation criterial and report with recommendation to seek internal approval
4. Drafting contract and participate negotiation & finalising contracts.
5. Post-award contracts administration including payment verification and identification of non-compliance with the contract requirement.
6. Post contract award, provide ongoing contract management and administration support to the Project Leader(s) to ensure Contract terms and conditions are maintained and monitored on progress, cost control, payments processing, dealing with any variations or claims that may arise including evaluation and drafting report with recommendation.
7. Warranty claims during defect correction period.
8. Drafting letters as and when needed relating to contractual issues
1. At least 7 years’ working experience in tender and contract administration in LNG, Petrochemical, Exploration and Production, Refining, or Power industries
2. The candidate should possess the following attributes:
a. Experience in EPC contract administration (pre and post contract award) is preferred.
b. Sound knowledge of EPC contract, Consultancy / Advisory contract terms and conditions.
c. Good negotiation skills in terms of EPC Contract and Consultancy / Advisory Contract terms and conditions and price.
d. Be creative and have good knowledge in supporting contract strategy planning to meet project development requirement
e. Be meticulous and good knowledge and experience in cost control and budget monitoring
f. Have good interpersonal and facilitation skills.
g. Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
h. Be proactive and able to liaise with other internal business groups.
i. Must be able to work towards business group objectives with minimal supervision in the day to day work environment and be adaptable to changing priorities and assignments.
j. Legal certification and cost estimation experience are preferred.
1. Degree in Engineering/ Quantity Surveying / Law / Business Management or Contract Management or equivalent.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.