Join Us / Positions Available / Desktop Support Engineer (REF CODE: 2009IT-DSE)
Desktop Support Engineer
(Ref Code: 2009IT-DSE)
Closing date: 31 Oct 2020
The incumbent reports to the Information Systems Manager and will provide 1st level helpdesk and end user support and involve in the 2nd level support for the infrastructure services. He/She will also perform daily server room operation, site related end user support and also support site related projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide 1st and 2nd level support
• Technical assistance and support for incoming IT Helpdesk and End User desktop queries and problems.
• Laptop/desktop/peripherals hardware and software technical support.
• Windows 7/10, Windows server, file/print/scan services, Outlook/Office 2016, Office365 suite, 2FA, LAN\WAN/Wireless network connectivity, VPN, mobile devices, meeting room audio/video conferencing systems, PABX and basic application troubleshooting.
• Perform PC/Laptop Refresh, Onboarding and off boarding of users and ensure asset inventory tracking is updated.
• Escalate issues to OEM/vendors and follow-up until the resolution of the problem.
• Out-Of-Office-Hours support On-Call roster for handling 2nd level support of critical infrastructure services.
2. Systems administration and maintenance
• Provide Wintel server, Active Directory, GPO, WSUS, Software deployment and system administration.
• Liaise with external vendors for any related hardware/software maintenance and services.
• Perform Installation/Configuration/Monitoring/Patching/Upgrades of desktops, servers, operating systems, antivirus, databases and other system related software.
• Participate in disaster recovery testing
3. IT governance & documentation
• Involve in regular review and update of infrastructure policies, procedures and system documentation to ensure compliance.
• Plan and conduct end-users training as needed.
• Undertake infrastructure related projects as assigned by reporting manager.
1. At least 2 years of working experience in IT helpdesk providing 1st level and 2nd level end user desktop support.
2. Strong experience in End user hardware and software technical support, Windows 7/10, Office 365 administration and Active Directory.
3. Good to have networking, storage and some database administration experience.
4. Able to work on a rotating 2nd level Out-Of-Office-Hours support On-Call basis.
5. Knowledge of ITIL operation.
6. Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
7. Possesses good attitude, good interpersonal and communication skills.
1. Degree/Diploma in Electronic/Computer Engineering or Computer Studies or equivalent.
2. Good to have ITIL foundation certification.
3. Good to have Microsoft 365 or MCSA certifications.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.