Join Us / Positions Available / Commercial Analyst (REF CODE: 2012CBD-CA)
(Ref Code: 2012CBD-CA)
Closing date: 28 Feb 2021
The incumbent will be responsible for managing and scheduling of LNG ships for unloading and changes to nominations and schedules, taking into account scheduled or projected send-out of regasified LNG, use of capacity at the LNG storage tanks and billing. The incumbent will be required to maintain close co-ordination with SLNG’s customers and end users of regasified LNG, and internally, with SLNG’s Operations team to ensure that SLNG’s obligations to its customers under their commercial agreements are satisfactorily performed. The incumbent will also be required to support other activities within the Commercial Operations function and should be open for a job rotation within the Commercial Operations function.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following scope of tasks and duties.
1. LNG Ship Scheduling
- Finalise the Annual Delivery Programme (ADP) for the SLNG terminal (a) in accordance with the terminal use agreements with the customers of the terminal and operating procedures, and (b) in a manner that secures maximum commercial value to SLNG by optimising the terminal capacity across the various services
- Ensure notifications from customers related to LNG Vessel’s information, i.e. name, IMO number, gross LNG cargo capacity, name of loading port, estimated specification of LNG to be unloaded, quantity, pressure and temperature of LNG to be unloaded, arrival date and time etc. are received from each terminal customers’ vessels and consolidated into the schedule planning system.
- Manage customer requested changes to the ADP and SLNG initiated changes to the ADP in close co-ordination with the Terminal Operations team and the Commercial team.
- Manage ad-hoc scheduling requirements related to use of SLNG terminal’s LNG jetties for any of various new services including storage & reloading and LNG vessel cool down services.
2. Send-out Nominations and Allocation of Send-out Quantities
- Manage customer’s 90 Days forecast, Programmed Daily Quantity (PDQ) for the Nomination Month, Day-ahead Nominations, customer requested changes to Day-ahead Nominations.
- Ensure send-out scheduling and systems interface amongst SLNG, customer and gas transporter are on timely manner.
- Ensure allocation of metered quantities to respective customer, end users and gas transporter are properly allocated in accordance to SLNG’s contractual rights for accurate billing.
- Create invoices and supporting documentation for monthly and ad-hoc invoices and ensure all billing related processes are documented and updated as required.
- Proactively communicate to group on status of payments and other pertinent billing issues and be the contact point for all billing related matters.
- Perform data audits to ensure accuracy and adherence to the established policies.
- Ensure timely review on the credit support quantum with the customers to ensure SLNG’s credit exposure is managed.
4. Hydrocarbon Accounting
- LNG inventory and ullage in the LNG storage tanks of the terminal so as to ensure that sufficient ullage is available for fulfilling existing contractual obligations to unload LNG vessels prior to committing ullage to ad hoc / spot customers.
- Projected LNG ship arrivals and projected non-binding and binding schedules for send-out of regasified LNG, and proactively intervening to prevent ‘tank-top’ and ‘stock-out’ situations.
- Inventory positions of each customer and ensuring that all customers stay within their contractual inventory limits.
The incumbent shall also:
- Prepare the Borrowing and Lending Schedule projecting the quantities of LNG inventory that are to be borrowed, lent and repaid, in accordance with the provisions of the contracts with the customers of the LNG terminal, and managing the customers’ borrowing and lending transactions on a regular basis.
- Recognise any fuel gain and lost and unaccounted for gas and allocation to the customers in accordance with the contractual provisions.
5. Other Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
- Maintain and update the Operating and Accounting Procedures.
- Develop, jointly with the Business Process team, customer and gas transporter to execute Business Continuity Plan in the event of system/plant issues to minimising business interruptions.
The incumbent shall support all other processes and procedures and perform any other duties and participate in any other projects as assigned by reporting manager or his delegated authority.
- Candidates with no experience are welcome to apply.
- Has some understanding of LNG regasification terminal operations.
- Preferably possesses a good understanding of Singapore's Gas Network Code and the natural gas operations in Singapore.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, good analytical skills and is meticulous in processes and procedures.
- A keen learner with the ability to grasp and apply concepts effectively in the area of Commercial Operations.
- Degree in Finance, Economics or Engineering from a reputable university.
An attractive remuneration package will commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their detailed resume with current and expected salary to careers@SLNGCorp.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading). Alternatively, you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Department
Singapore LNG Corporation Pte. Ltd.
991G Alexandra Road #03-29C
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.