Mechanical Reliability Engineer
The successful candidate will provide technical support to the Production and Maintenance teams in the LNG Terminal. He/She will be responsible for establishing, reviewing and overseeing the relevant mechanical design elements of new built equipment / asset enhancement activities and implementation of minor mechanical engineering projects, while ensuring the overall mechanical integrity of the terminal from the mechanical engineering discipline perspective.
- Lead and perform the inspection and investigation of equipment and plant structure and oversee asset integrity based reviews and evaluations at the terminal.
- Manage and maintain historical information on static and rotating equipment such as calibration data statistical information on all plant shut down and loss of production events caused by mechanical systems, engineering documents and review applicable codes and standards for compliance purpose.
- Responsible for all mechanical equipment such as gas engine, pumps, compressors, fans, hydraulic systems, manual valves etc.
- Provide technical support and solutions for the Production and Maintenance Teams including supporting the development of maintenance strategy focusing on equipment reliability, spares inventory requirement, shutdown and inspection schedules, preventive and predictive maintenance programmes and mechanical maintenance procedures for mechanical equipment.
- Perform root cause analysis on equipment failure and provide recommendations to resolve technical issues which may also arise from vibration, oil and other analysis as part of predictive maintenance programmes.
- Liaise with external stakeholder including government agencies on possible gas pipeline network and mechanical and piping interfaces to ensure conformity.
- Perform and support feasibility studies on mechanical packages and ensure high standards of design quality and safety in any new installation at the terminal.
- Review maintenance plan and installations for compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements for Static equipment (process piping, pressure relief devices and storage tanks etc.) as well as organization engineering specifications and standards
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing technical specifications and data sheets for static equipment such as Pressure Vessels, Process Vessels, cryogenic and non-cryogenic Tanks, and safety relief system.
- Participate in RCM II, RBI, HAZID, HAZOP, Model Review studies for mechanical packages, co-ordinates and close out Mechanical related issues.
- Resolve technical issues during design, engineering and construction phases to ensure overall integrity.
- Liaise with EPC/ contractor on equipment factory acceptance test and support operation team in equipment acceptance during mechanical completion phase.
- Knowledge of SAP (IAM) reliability system to be able to provide predictive maintenance advice.
- Participate in emergency response and may be assigned to a specific role and responsibility for such purpose
- Minimum of eight (8) years practical experience in mechanical maintenance or technical function in an oil and petrochemical, oil tanking terminal, complex utility or power generation environment.
- Conversant with local codes, regulations and standards, equipment inspection and schedule requirements. Certified in vibration and other analysis standards will be well regarded.
- Good knowledge of installation, commissioning, maintenance and trouble shooting of a variety of large and complex static and rotating equipment in the oil, gas or petrochemical industry is critical.
- Knowledge and experience in leading Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Risk Based Inspection (RBI) analysis; and the use SAP (IAM) system is preferred.
- Have in depth knowledge and experience in rotating and static equipment is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the LNG / natural gas or other hydrocarbon industries would be advantageous. Candidates with experience in cryogenic plant maintenance, commissioning and start-up are preferred.
- Extensive experience in dealing with consultants and contractors involved in the Oil & Gas sector, including external agencies, utilities and government organizations.
- In addition, the successful candidate should possess the following personal attributes:
- Highly analytical and meticulous.
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills to manage external and internal stakeholders and third parties.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university.